There is really nothing to this dish if you have Kirsty’s Pesto, or other quality pesto of choice on hand. Simply toss fresh baby mozzarella cheese balls with ripe halved tri-color or red grape tomatoes with a few spoonfuls of pesto, a splash or two of balsamic vinegar on top, season with a little kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper and voila! You’ve got a vibrant and refreshing salad perfect on a warm spring or summer day. To turn this salad into a filling vegetarian meal, place it on top of fresh greens, and serve with fresh bread or focaccia to sop up the pesto/balsamic that might be left.
Springtime Caprese-Style Salad
- large serving bowl
- 1 pint ripe grape tomatoes, multi-color or red, halved or sugar plum or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Kirsty's Pesto or other pesto
- 1 drizzle olive oil extra virgin
- 1-2 drizzles Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-3 grinds fresh ground pepper
- Gently toss together baby mozzarella, tomato halves, pesto, a splash of olive oil
- Add 1-2 drizzles of balsamic vinegar on top, to your liking.
- Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper and serve.